At our first Welcome Home reunion event, held September 13, 2008, we asked those present to share their story. To prompt their personal recollections of time spent at the children’s hospital, we provided a brief list of questions:
- When were you diagnosed and how did you arrive here?
- Describe a typical day.
- Which staff do you recall and why?
- What do you recall of the grounds?
- Where did you go on outings?
- What do you recall of the food? What was your favorite meal? What was your least favorite meal?
- What was the most mischievous thing you did during your stay at the hospital?
The answers were as colorful and varied as the attendees! And the recollections were nearly immediate!
If you’d like to share your story, please send it to: Kimberly Gimmarro, Executive Assistant (& Reunion Coordinator), Botsford Continuing Care Corporation, 21450 Archwood Circle, Farmington Hills, Michigan 48336. Don’t forget to include a phone number and return address. You may also e-mail your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.